In this video we discuss strokes and how they relate to Social Security disability. As disability law experts, we want to provide valuable insights into the qualification criteria for Social Security benefits in cases of strokes, which are medically known as vascular insults to the brain.
Social Security has specific listings for strokes, and individuals can qualify for disability benefits by meeting any one of the three sets of requirements.
- Inability to Speak or Communicate: If a stroke results in an ineffective ability to speak or communicate, it may be considered for Social Security benefits.
- Disorganization of Motor Function: A stroke’s impact on motor function in two extremities, such as one arm and one leg or both arms or legs, may qualify for disability benefits.
- Limitation in Physical and Mental Functioning: To qualify under this category, an individual must have marked limitations in physical functioning and one mental limitation. Mental limitations may include understanding, remembering, applying information, interacting with others, concentration, persistence, pace, or self-adaptation.
Navigating Social Security disability cases related to strokes can be challenging due to the stringent qualification criteria. At The Good Law Group, we follow a systematic approach to assist our clients effectively.
- Assessing Physical Limitations: For clients with physical limitations, we recommend obtaining a medical source statement from their doctor or a functional capacity evaluation.
- Evaluating Mental Limitations: Clients facing mental limitations undergo a neuropsychological evaluation to determine the severity of different mental impairments.
At The Good Law Group, we understand the complexities of Social Security disability cases, particularly those related to strokes. Our personalized approach ensures that clients receive the best possible assistance. If you or someone you know needs help with a Social Security disability case, including stroke-related matters, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 800-419-7606 or through thegoodlawgroup.com. Expert legal guidance can make a significant difference in securing the benefits you deserve. We look forward to working with you and helping you through this process.
Did you have a stroke and are considering applying for SSD benefits? Consider The Good law Group for your representation. Call #(847) 577-4476 or complete the form online for a free case evaluation.