Truck Accident Attorney | Rockford, IL
Contact our truck accident lawyers for a free case review. Don’t pay unless we win. 5-star rating. Billions won for truck cases. Call our office now: (815) 965-9797.
Receive the justice and the compensation you deserve for your truck accident.
Car accidents are unfortunately a common occurrence that cause many people to experience minor to severe injuries. The effects of a car accident can be even more devastating when involving a large commercial truck, tractor trailer, or cargo tanker. Those involved in an accident involving a truck may sustain more severe injuries with a longer recovery time. Our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group can help those who have been injured in a car accident involving a commercial truck.
The Good Law Group is a truck accident law firm that is ready to represent victims of truck accidents in Rockford, IL. Our experienced truck accident attorneys will help hold trucking companies and drivers responsible for your personal injuries and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
If you want a free evaluation of your case from our truck accident attorneys, you can call The Good Law Group at (815) 965-9797.
Why You Should Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers
Rockford is a big transportation hub in the Midwest which means that many commercial vehicles, including semi-trucks, pass through the area each day. This puts Rockford drivers at an increased risk of being involved in a car accident involving a commercial truck. The highways in and around Rockford are also more congested than prior to the pandemic because there are more cars on the road.
You should call our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group right away if you have been involved in a truck accident caused by the negligence or reckless actions of the driver. Our attorneys have extensive experience with personal injury cases involving auto accidents and we can help you hold trucking companies and drivers accountable.
If you have been involved in an accident with a truck that has resulted in an injury, make sure you take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention right away. It is highly likely that EMTs will come to the scene but if not, make sure you or someone else calls them so they can start treating your injuries on the scene. You should have the professionals who treat you give you a description of your injuries for your insurance claim.
- Report the accident: Always report the accident to the police, do not let the driver of the truck convince you otherwise. The official police report is a crucial document needed for your personal injury case.
- Exchange insurance information: Try to get the insurance and vehicle registration information from the driver. If the driver is being uncooperative, the police can help get this information.
- Provide the facts for the report: Do the best you can to give the police the facts about what happened for their report. Do not tell them that you are not injured, even if you believe that you are not. You may start to feel pain the following day.
- Document the scene: Take pictures and videos of the scene if you can, including the damage to your vehicle and the truck. The photos and videos you take can be used to support your claim.
Should I Settle with the Trucking Company?
It is not uncommon for trucking companies to call those involved in an accident with one of their drivers to offer a settlement. Trucking companies do this to reach a quick resolution and minimize their liability in the accident. The settlements they offer are typically less than you would get from an injury claim and once you settle, you cannot hold the trucking company liable for more compensation. For example, if you accept a settlement before completing your treatment for your injuries, you will be forced to pay the cost of care not covered by the settlement.
You should never settle with a trucking company until you talk to our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group. We can review the settlement offered and advise you on the best action to take
Filing an Injury Lawsuit in Rockford, IL
In the State of Illinois, you can file a lawsuit for a personal injury or wrongful death resulting from a truck accident for up to two years from the date of the accident. If you have decided to file a lawsuit to receive compensation for your injuries, our auto accident attorneys have the expertise and experience to help.
Our attorneys will first meet with you to review the facts of your case and the nature of your injuries. We will then determine who could be held liable and help build your case. Depending on the specific facts of your case, we can hold the following parties liable for your injuries:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company/ government (for government vehicles)
- Cargo shipper and loader
- Parts manufacturer
The circumstances of your accident will also have an effect on the compensation you will receive. The severity of your injuries and the medical care you received increase your chances of receiving compensation as more severe injuries and extensive medical care will result in higher compensation. If the driver is found at fault in the police report, this will also increase your chances of being awarded compensation.
The State of Illinois does not have a cap in the amount of compensation you can be awarded. Our attorneys will help you get compensation for the following damages:
- Economic damages: Economic damages include the total dollar amount of your medical costs, property damage, out-of-pocket expenses, loss of earning power, and past and future loss of income.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages include pain and anguish such as emotional stress, scarring and disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of activities, and humiliation.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are added as a punishment for intentional or grossly negligent behaviors that led to the accident.
Call Our Illinois Auto Accident Attorneys
If an accident with a semi-truck or other type of commercial or government-owned truck has resulted in injuries, you may be able to receive compensation. Our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group can expertly handle your personal injury case to help secure the compensation you deserve. We will not charge you a fee or any out-of-pocket costs unless we are successful in getting compensation.
You can call The Good Law Group at (815) 965-9797 for a free evaluation of your truck accident case in Rockford, IL.