Truck Accident Lawyer | Palatine, IL
Receive the justice and the compensation you deserve for your truck accident. Contact Us Today: (847) 577-4476.
Millions Recovered for Illinois Truck Accident Victims. We Make Big Insurance Pay Up!.
Auto accidents are a common occurrence, and, in many cases, they lead to injuries. When a driver is involved in an accident involving a commercial truck, tractor trailer, or cargo tanker, the damage and the injuries are often much worse than an accident between two cars. At The Good Law Group, we are a truck accident law firm that can help those who have experienced personal injuries in an accident involving a commercial truck.
The Good Law Group can provide representation for those who have been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck in Palatine, IL. Our truck accident attorneys can help you get compensation for your injuries by holding the drivers and trucking companies responsible.
For a free evaluation of your case by a truck accident lawyer, call The Good Law Group at (847) 577-4476.
Why Call Our Truck Accident Lawyers
The Chicago area experiences a lot of traffic that includes commercial traffic involving semi-trucks and tankers. This means that there is always a risk that drivers in Palatine, IL and throughout the Chicago area could be involved in an accident involving a truck. You should call our truck accident lawyers right away if you were injured in an accident caused by the negligence or reckless actions of a truck driver. We have experience navigating cases involving truck accidents and can hold drivers and trucking companies responsible to secure compensation.
If you are ever involved in a truck accident, make sure you follow these steps:
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured in an accident, you need to seek medical attention immediately. If no EMTs arrive on the scene, make sure they care called. Get a detailed description of the treatment you receive to help with the claim.
- Report the accident: You must report the accident to the police to get an official police report. The police report is a pivotal document for your case, so make sure to file a report, even if the driver objects.
- Exchange insurance information: Make sure you get the insurance information and vehicle registration from the driver. If the driver is hesitant to hand over this information, the police can help.
- Provide facts for the report: Do the best you can to give the police the facts about how the accident happened. If you do not think you are injured, do not admit this to the police. It is possible to start feeling the pain the next day.
- Document the scene: Take pictures and videos of the scene, including the damage to each vehicle involved. You can use your documentation to support your claim.
Should I Sue the Trucking Company?
If you are involved in an accident with a truck, you may receive a call from the trucking company to offer you a settlement for the accident. Trucking companies do this to resolve the issue and prevent going to court. The settlements they offer are usually less than what you could get through a personal injury claim, and if you accept a settlement that does not cover your medical expenses, you cannot hold the trucking company liable to recover the additional expenses.
The best thing to do if the trucking company offers you a settlement is to talk to our truck accident attorneys. We will review the offered settlement and help advise you on the best course of action.
Filing an Injury Lawsuit in Illinois
You can file a lawsuit for a personal injury or wrongful death from a truck accident for up to two years from the date of the accident under Illinois law, with some exceptions. If you want to file a personal injury lawsuit after being involved in a truck accident, talk to our truck accident lawyers at The Good Law Group to review your case and advise you on how to proceed.
We will first review the details of your case including the facts of the accident, injuries sustained, and treatment received. We will then determine who can be held liable based on the facts of the case. The following parties can be held liable for a truck accident:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies and government agencies for government owned trucks
- Parts manufacturer
- Cargo shipper and loader
The specific circumstances of your accident will determine what we can seek for compensation. Severe injuries that require more intensive medical care and recovery times and major damage to your vehicle can help ensure a higher compensation amount. If the police report shows that the driver is at fault, you will be more likely to get compensation.
In Illinois, there is no cap on the amount of compensation that can be awarded. We can seek compensation for the following types of damages:
- Economic damages: This includes compensation for medical costs, property damage, and out-of-pocket expenses due to the accident, as well as past and future loss of income and loss of earning power.
- Non-economic damages: This includes compensation for emotional stress, humiliation, loss of enjoyment of activities, scarring and disfigurement, and other forms of pain and anguish.
- Punitive damages: This is to punish behaviors found to be negligent or intentional that caused the accident.
Call the Best Truck Accident Law Firm in Palatine, IL
You may be able to recover compensation if you were involved in a truck accident that resulted in a personal injury. Our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group can provide representation and help you navigate your personal injury claim involving a truck accident. You will not pay a fee or out-of-pocket cost unless you are awarded compensation.
You can call the truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group at (847) 577-4476 for a free evaluation of your case in Palatine, IL.