Truck Accident Lawyer in Aurora, IL
Free Consultation 24/7. No Fees Unless We Win. 5-Star Rating. Billions Won For Truck Cases. Contact Us Today: (815) 965-9797.
Don’t Let a Truck Accident Ruin Your Life. Let Us Fight to Get You Justice & Compensation.
Car accidents happen on a daily basis, resulting in injuries and even worse for those involved. In auto accidents involving a commercial truck, tractor trailer, or cargo tanker, the damage and injuries are often much worse. Trucks cause more damage than smaller vehicles that can result in more severe injuries that require a longer recovery time. The Good Law Group is a truck accident law firm that can help those who have been the victim of a truck accident.
The truck accident lawyers of The Good Law Group represent truck accident victims in Aurora, IL. If you have been injured in a truck accident involving a commercial or government-owned truck, we can help you hold the trucking companies and drivers responsible for your injuries and secure compensation.
Call The Good Law Group at (630) 645-1722 to get a free evaluation of your case by one of our truck accident attorneys.
Why You Should Call Our Truck Accident Attorneys
A lot of regional commercial traffic passes through the Chicago area each day which increases the risk of drivers being involved in a truck accident in Aurora and throughout the Chicago suburbs. If you are involved in a truck accident caused by the reckless actions or negligence of the driver, you need to get in touch with our auto accident attorneys immediately. We have dealt with countless auto accident cases involving commercial trucks and can help secure compensation by holding the drivers and trucking companies responsible.
You should take the following steps if you have been involved in a truck accident:
- Seek medical attention: Do not hesitate to seek medical attention if you are injured in an accident involving a truck. EMTs that arrive on the scene can immediately provide medical attention for your injuries. Make sure to get a detailed description of your injuries from the professional who treats you to help with your insurance claim.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to the police, even of the truck driver objects. Your personal injury case benefits greatly from the official police report of the accident.
- Exchange insurance information: Obtain the vehicle registration and insurance information from the driver. The police can help you get this information if the driver is not cooperating.
- Provide the facts for the report: Give the police a factual description of what happened. Do not admit to the police that you are not injured. Even if you think you are uninjured, you may have an injury that will cause pain later.
- Document the scene: Document the scene, including the damage to the truck and your vehicle the best you can by taking pictures and videos. Your documentation of the accident can be used in support of your claim.
Should I Settle with the Trucking Company?
After an accident involving a commercial truck, the trucking company may reach out to you to offer a settlement. The reason trucking companies may offer a settlement is to reduce their liability and quickly resolve the issue. They typically offer settlements that are less than what you would get through a personal injury claim and if the settlement does not cover the cost of your treatment, you cannot hold the trucking company responsible for further compensation.
If the trucking company offers you a settlement, do not accept until you have talked to our truck accident attorneys. We can advise you on the best way to respond to the offer.
Filing an Injury Lawsuit
According to Illinois law, you have up to two years from the date of a truck accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, with some exceptions. You should reach out to our truck accident attorneys at The Good Law Group if you have decided to file a personal injury lawsuit to receive compensation.
We will start by meeting with you to discuss the details of your case, including the nature of your injuries and treatment received. This will help us determine who can be held liable for the accident so we can form your case. We can hold the following parties liable depending on the specific circumstances of your case:
- Entity that owns the vehicle involved, including trucking companies and government agencies
- Cargo shipper and loader
- Parts manufacturer
The amount of compensation you may be awarded will also be determined by the circumstances of the accident. You are more likely to receive compensation if your injuries are severe and require more extensive medical care with longer recovery times. You also have a higher chance of receiving compensation if the police report shows that the driver was found to be at fault for the accident.
There is no cap on the amount of compensation you can be awarded in the State of Illinois. We can help secure compensation for the following types of damages:
- Economic damages: This is the total dollar amount of out-of-pocket expenses, medical costs, and property damage caused by the accident. Loss of earning power and the past and future loss of income may also be included.
- Non-economic damages: This includes scarring and disfigurement, emotional stress, humiliation, loss of enjoyment of activities, and other forms of pain and anguish.
- Punitive damages: This is added to punish grossly negligent or intentional behaviors that caused the accident.
Call the Experienced Truck Accident Law Firm – The Good Law Group
If you have suffered injuries due to an auto accident involving a commercial truck, you may be entitled to compensation. At The Good Law Group, our truck accident lawyers are experienced in handling these cases and can provide representation to help you get the compensation you deserve. You will not be charged a fee or out-of-pocket cost unless we successfully secure compensation.
To get started with a free evaluation of your truck accident case in Aurora, IL, call the auto accident attorneys of The Good Law Group at (630) 645-1722.