Hernia Mesh Lawyers – New York, NY
Our experienced hernia mesh attorneys can help you win your hernia mesh injury lawsuit.
Call The Good Law Group New York office now: (800) 419-7606
Hernias occur when there is a tear in tissue or muscle that allows an internal organ to break through. This is a common medical condition, and it is treated with surgery in which a mesh implant is placed to hold the damaged muscle or tissue to keep the organ in place. Surgeries involving hernia mesh implants are successful in most cases.
While hernia mesh implants are often successful, there are a high number of cases in which they are not. Defective meshes can lead to a range of injuries and complications and the prevalence of these issues has caused many manufacturers to issue recalls for their hernia mesh products. If you or someone you know has experienced injuries or complications following a hernia mesh implant, you can get compensation by filing a hernia mesh lawsuit.
Had a hernia revision surgery in 2012 or later? See if you qualify for a cash settlement.
Get Your Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Case Evaluated. Fast, Free, & Confidential. Billions Awarded.
Our attorneys at Good Law Group are ready to represent those who have had a hernia mesh implant and experienced injuries or complications. We will help you file your hernia mesh lawsuit and provide complete representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys will be with you every step of the process and if we do not get a settlement, you will not pay any fees.
The attorneys of Good Law Group are available to provide representation for hernia mesh lawsuits in New York, NY. We will leverage our more than 30 years of experience with these types of cases and work diligently to get compensation. You can call us at (800) 419-7606 to discuss your hernia mesh lawsuit with our attorneys.
When to File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
Hernias are common medical conditions as an average of 1 million people have hernia surgeries each year. About one-third of hernia mesh implant surgeries result in complications including chronic pain and injuries. Most complications are caused by a defective mesh.
The manufacturers of hernia mesh implants are required by law to make all possible defects and issues with their products known. However, some manufacturers will market their hernia mesh products anyway without proper disclosure despite knowing the risks. The failure to disclose known issues with a hernia mesh product is usually the grounds for hernia mesh lawsuits.
If you recently had a hernia operation involving a mesh implant and you are experiencing related injuries or complications, you should talk to an attorney immediately. In the state of New York, the statute of limitations for a hernia mesh lawsuit is 3 years from the day the injuries occurred. You must file your hernia mesh lawsuit within the 3-year period for your case to be heard.
If you believe you are experiencing complications from a hernia mesh implant, contact Good Law Group right away to talk to one of our attorneys.
Injuries and Complications from Hernia Mesh Implants
Injuries and complications from hernia mesh implants can include pain, internal injuries, and even cancer in some cases. One of the following is usually the cause of the injuries and complications:
- Infection: Meshes that are contaminated before or after the surgery can cause infections that have various effects. If an implanted mesh causes an infection, you will likely need to have it removed.
- Mesh migration: Hernia mesh implants are effective when they hold the damaged muscle or tissue, but sometimes they migrate or shrink. Migrating meshes can damage organs or cause an intestinal blockage which leads to worse problems.
- Mesh erosion: Hernia meshes made from inferior materials can erode within the body which can cause chronic pain. Eroding meshes will also cause the hernia to reoccur.
The following injuries and complications can occur after a hernia mesh implant:
- Adhesion: Hernia meshes work when they adhere to the damaged area, but sometimes they will adhere to the wrong area. This can result in pain and additional complications. Coated meshes are the most likely to do this.
- Erosion: Eroding meshes can cause pain, infections, fever, nausea, organ damage, intestinal blockages, and other complications.
- Abdominal pain: Adhesion to the abdominal wall can cause infection, nerve damage, pain, and even bowel obstruction.
- Bowel obstruction: This occurs if the mesh migrates into the bowels and causes a blockage.
- Infections: Defective hernia meshes can cause infections with symptoms that include headaches, fever, sweating, and in severe cases, sepsis.
- Perforation of organs and tissues: Damage to internal organs and tissues can be caused by a migrating or eroding mesh. Damage to the bowels can result in removal of the bowels and a colostomy.
- Chronic pain: Pain from infected or migrating meshes can be felt in connective tissues and joints throughout the body.
- Recurrence of hernia: If there is an issue with your hernia mesh, there is a high risk of the hernia recurring.
- Groin or testicular pain: A migrating mesh can move to the groin and cause testicular pain or damage to the spermatic cord. Too much damage may require the removal of the testicles.
- Cancer: Hernia complications can lead to the development of cancer in extreme cases.
- Other complications: People may experience a variety of injuries and complications from hernia mesh surgeries that can include rash, dental problems, liver problems, renal failure, sexual dysfunction, dyspareunia (painful sex), neurological changes, and autoimmune disorders.
You can sue for the following types of damages in a hernia mesh lawsuit:
- Economic damages: Wage loss, loss of earning capacity, and medical expenses can be named as economic damages.
- Non-economic damages: Mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of consortium, pain, and loss of enjoyment can be named as non-economic damages.
- Punitive damages: Suing for punitive damages is done in rare cases to bring punishment on the manufacturer.
How to File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
It is very important to contact our hernia mesh attorneys at Good Law Group as soon as you start experiencing pain or complications after a hernia surgery. Our attorneys will take the time to understand your case so we can file your hernia mesh lawsuit on the proper grounds.
The following can be grounds for a hernia mesh lawsuit:
- Defective design: If a hernia mesh has a defective design and was implanted correctly, this can be grounds for a lawsuit. Defective design also covers meshes made from polypropylene which can deteriorate inside the body.
- Manufacturing defect: If the mesh had a defect when it left the manufacturer and caused pain or complications, you can hold the manufacturer liable.
- Failure to warn/ improper labeling: By law, all possible risks of a hernia mesh must be disclosed by the manufacturer so that doctors and patients are informed of the risks. The manufacturer can be held liable if they do not disclose known risks.
- Medical malpractice: If the mesh is improperly implanted or not the right size or material, you can sue for medical malpractice. In these cases, it must be shown that the surgeon did not meet professional standards in their duty of care, and this caused your injuries or complications.
Hernia Mesh Recalls
The injuries and complications many have experienced after hernia mesh surgery have caused manufacturers to recall their mesh products. If you have had a hernia mesh implant, check to see if your specific implant has been recalled and if so, call your doctor. After talking to your doctor, contact our attorneys to discuss the possibility of a hernia mesh lawsuit. You still have the right to file a lawsuit for injuries and complications if your specific hernia mesh was recalled.
Search for the manufacturer to see if your hernia mesh has been recalled.
What to Expect from a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
You have the right to file a hernia mesh lawsuit if you have received a hernia mesh implant with no disclosure of the possible risks and suffered injuries or complications. You can name economic and non-economic damages in your lawsuit and get financial compensation for your past and future expenses.
You can get financial compensation for the following:
- Surgery and hospitalization costs
- Medical bills
- Nursing care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Call Good Law Group to File a Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
Our attorneys at Good Law Group can represent those who have had a surgery mesh implant and suffered injuries and complications including chronic pain. We will review the facts of your case and help form a plan to build your case and secure financial compensation. Our attorneys will represent you from the filing of the lawsuit to the conclusion of the case.
We will work diligently on your case and leverage our 30 years of experience to get a financial settlement for your hernia mesh lawsuit. Give Good Law Group a call at (800) 419-7606 to talk to our attorneys about filing a hernia mesh lawsuit in New York, NY. You will not pay a fee if we cannot get financial compensation.